Fuji Xerox Singapore Provides Cloud-Based, GPS-Linked Audio Tour Guide Service Designed for Smartphones to NTA Travel (Singapore)Launches SkyDesk Media Trek in Singapore to Help the Tourism Industry Meet Growing Inbound Business Needs
SINGAPORE, January 10, 2017 - Fuji Xerox Singapore Pte Ltd (hereafter, Fuji Xerox Singapore), a sales subsidiary of Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd., will provide SkyDesk Media Trek-a cloud service that delivers audio tourism guide linked to a global positioning system (GPS) for individual smartphoneNote 1users-to NTA Travel (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (hereafter, NTA). With aims to provide multilingual support for tourists as well as to contribute to the further development of the tourism industry, Fuji Xerox rolls out the service in Singapore first in overseas, then will make it sequentially available in other Asia-Pacific countries/regions.
Intra-Asia travel has been growing rapidly especially from Asia's second largest economy - Japan, but a common challenge faced by the tourism industry in Singapore is the lack of staff that speak Japanese. SkyDesk Media Trek enables organizations of the tourism industry to produce and deliver audio tourist guides for tourists who seek content in Japanese. By utilizing SkyDesk Media Trek, NTA plans to provide tourism information regarding Singapore to Japanese travelers including those on overseas school trips.
"NTA is excited to make available SkyDesk Media Trek to enhance the joy and experience of our travelers," said Shigeru Nakashima, managing director of NTA. "Ever since our establishment, NTA has been committed to producing quality travel, responding to the needs of travelers and anticipating the demands of the future. Fuji Xerox's SkyDesk Media Trek helps us provide the very best service to our customers."
Making audio contents for the SkyDesk Media Trek is simple, as it automatically transforms typed text into a synthesized voice in Japanese or EnglishNote 2. The system can also meet the needs for other languages if audio data in the other languages are provided. The authoring tool that is required to create the contents, such as the narration of the guide, is available through a cloud service and can be used via a browser with no need for investment in special equipment. By including information known only to locals and unavailable in guidebooks, the audio guide can be customized to fit the needs of the target markets.
The contents of an audio guide created and registered to the SkyDesk Media Trek can be downloaded by tourists through a smartphone app. The downloaded guides are linked to the smartphone's GPS and automatically played at the designated locations, so as to relieve tourists from having to perform complicated operations on their smartphone to hear the guide, allowing them to enjoy their audio guided walk as if they were accompanied by a tourist guide.
SkyDesk Media Trek was first made available in 2014 for foreign tourists visiting Japan.
- Note 1 Supports iOS 9.3/10.0 and Android™ 5.0.x/5.1.x. Recommended devices are iPhone 5s/6 and Nexus 6. The operability of this app has not been confirmed on all supported devices.
- Note 2 Either Japanese or English can be selected for voice synchronization using the authoring tool.
SkyDesk Media Trek user registration
|Product name||List price|
|SkyDesk Media Trek Registration fee||Open|
SkyDesk Media Trek user fees
|Product name||List price|
|Authoring tool operation fee (monthly charge)||Open|
|Book distribution service usage fee (monthly charge)||Open|
AvailabilityCurrently available in Japan and Singapore, and will sequentially be made available in Asia Pacific.
- Note iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. The iPhone trademark is used under license from Aiphone Co., Ltd. in Japan.
- Note App Store is a service provided by Apple Inc. where application software for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch can be downloaded.
- Note The names of services, products, and others referred to in this press release are the registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
- Note Xerox, Xerox and Design, as well as Fuji Xerox and Design are registered trademarks or trademarks of Xerox Corporation in Japan and/or other countries.
- Note Please note that the linked pages in this news release or other information are subject to be shut down without notice.