More Languages Made Available in the Fuji Xerox Scan Translation ServiceThe Cloud Service Now Also Covers Vietnamese, Indonesian and Malay
TOKYO, October 20, 2015 - To meet business needs in a global context, Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. today launches Scan Translation ServiceNote 1 , with enhanced functions as well as additional available languages; Vietnamese, Indonesian and Malay.
Enabling quick understanding of documents in foreign languages, the Scan Translation Service facilitates global communications by streamlining the translation process when users simply need to grasp the gist of a document written in a foreign language to determine its importance or urgency, or to facilitate communications between people who speak different languages.
Previously, translations into languages other than Japanese or English needed to be processed through these languages, but users can now directly translate documents from Thai to other languages, and vice versa.
Further, to increase business efficiency and convenience, it is now possible to specify a page to translate within an electronic document fileNote 2 . This eliminates the necessity of dividing a file into multiple files to translate certain pages only in the file, reducing time for processing. Also, the translation process can now be canceled in the middle of the translationNote 2 , and the translation fee is charged up to the page where the translation was carried out, preventing unwanted charges that could be caused by operational errors.
The Fuji Xerox Scan Translation Service had the honor of receiving the Best Overseas Development Prize in the 9th ASPIC Cloud Awards 2015, sponsored by the ASP-SaaS-Cloud Consortium (ASPIC) in recognition of Fuji Xerox's service expansion overseasNote 3 . The ASPIC Cloud Awards are given for excellent cloud services and data centers in Japan, as well as enterprises that utilize those services. This year's award marks Fuji Xerox's second achievement, following the ASPIC Chairman's Prize received in 2014.
- Note1 As the service is based on machine translation, the translation may not be as accurate as some users require. However, translation accuracy can be improved by adding dictionaries, and it is also recommended to customize the dictionaries.
- Note2 Excluding MS-Office Word documents (docx and docm).
- Note3 Service areas: South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and New Zealand.
Prices vary by country or region. The following prices are applicable in Japan.
|Product name||Monthly charge(before tax)||Service description|
|Scan Translation Service Basic||10,000 yen||
|Product name||Number of pages||Monthly charge(before tax)||Service description|
|Scan Translation Service Option for additional pages||Up to 500 pages per month||8,000 yen||
Information on Scan Translation Service:
Scan Translation Service Official Website (Japanese page only):
Apply for a two-week free-of-charge trial or introduce your business partners (Japanese page only):
- Note Xerox, Xerox and Design, as well as Fuji Xerox and Design are registered trademarks or trademarks of Xerox Corporation in Japan and/or other countries.
- Note Please note that the linked pages in this news release or other information are subject to be shut down without notice.