TOKYO, April 27, 2012 — Targeting the packaging market, Fuji Xerox will start installation of the on-demand packaging solution, Xerox Automated Packaging Solution powered by Stora Enso GallopTM, from July 27, 2012Note1.
This system seamlessly integrates Epic Products, Inc.'s varnishing unit, as well as Stora Enso's stacker-conveyer unit and die cutter, and connecting them to a Fuji Xerox's production printer, Xerox iGen4 PressNote2, allows on-demand printing, varnishing and die-cutting in required quantities whenever necessary, for package production.
- This is a build-to-order solution. The sales start as of today.
- Xerox iGen4 Press: 110 pages per minute in duplex, A4 long edge feed.
Features of the on-demand packaging solution
- Printing, varnishing and die-cutting in the packaging process are often outsourced separately, which makes production in a short time frame difficult. This inline system that handles all of these processes enables efficient packaging in short runs.
- With the diversification of customer preferences and the shift to production of a variety of products in small lots due to the shortened product life cycles as well as multilingualization along with corporations' worldwide strategies, there is a greater need for the on-demand printing in the packaging market. This on-demand packaging solution flexibly responds to the changes in production volume, specifications or design, offering fewer inventories and leading to the reduction in the Total Cost of Ownership.
- Variable printing, one of the features of the digital printing, allows producing personalized packages with different details. Further, embossing including Braille is possible, which enables to produce original packages with high promotional effects.
Fuji Xerox will further strengthen partnerships with inside and outside of its industry, and contribute to its customers' innovation of global supply chain and building of new sales promotion model brought about by customized packages.
|Product Names||List Price (before tax)|
|Xerox Automated Packaging Solution powered by Stora Enso Gallop™||Epic® CTi-635 Inline Coater
|Stora Enso Gallop™ Buffering Stacker Line|
|Stora Enso Gallop™ DC 58 Die Cutter|
Currently only in Japan. The sales in the Asia-Pacific region will start shortly.
- Other company and product names contained in this news release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.