TOKYO, April 10, 2012 — Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. today starts offering free-of-charge Supply Monitor 1.2 that notifies shortage of consumables. The new version of Supply MonitorNote1 detects the consumable status of selected USB-connected printers in addition to online printers.
Supply Monitor monitors and reports the consumable status of printers and enables easy and quick ordering of consumables through a linkage with E-QIX; a corporate member-only office supply shopping website operated by Fuji Xerox InterField Co., Ltd., Fuji Xerox's affiliate.
The features of the linkage of Supply Monitor and E-QIX
- When a user who manages supply stock installs Supply Monitor on a PC, the software monitors the consumable status of printers and automatically notifies the user of the shortage or replacement timing of consumables by a pop-up or email. The user can remain up-to-date with the consumable status on his/her PC screen without having to leave their desk to check the printers.
- A link shown on the pop-up or in the email connects to the E-QIX website, and by logging into the site with a registered user name and passwordNote2, a list of consumables compatible with the user's printers will be shown. This eliminates the necessity of searching for the correct products, making ordering simple and preventing wrong ordersNote3.
- Notifying the user of the requirement for consumable replacement in advance enables adequate inventory control. Also, as a part of the E-QIX website functions, the history and the last date of ordering can be viewed and downloaded for purchase management.
- A tool that can be downloaded free of charge from Fuji Xerox official website. Up to 100 online printers can be registered and monitored using the tool. Fuji Xerox multifunction devices or third-party's products may also be displayed in the tool, however, they are not the subject of guaranteed operations.
See the following URL for details:
- Membership registration is required to use the E-QIX services.
For details, please access:
- The consumables that can be ordered directly through Supply Monitor to E-QIX are limited to toner cartridges (including EP cartridges), drum cartridges, and waste toner bottles of the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint series. Exceptions include older models, server-connection models, and models with inclusive consumable purchasing contracts.
See the following sites for a list of supported models: